1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2007 2500HD classic sierra 12 volt ignition supply needed.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Cobalt, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

Okay, since i installed my two subwoofers in the back under the seat, and the amplifier sitting right in the middle, i need more air flow. help cool the amp. i took the back seat out for better working room, and i was running my amp for 30 mins or so, it gets really hot since its wored to 1 ohm, so i got 3 computer fans to mount on the side of the box to blow on the amp, and i wired a relay to it so it turns on with ignition. However, i cant use my decks remote out because somehow, it makes a clicking noise in the subs and a fan noise. so i need a different 12v ign out. i would just hook up a toggle switch, but i might forget to turn it on and i'll burn out my amplifier! Anyone know if a source that i can pull off of? maybe a dud plug in a harness somewhere located under the dash? i know there is aux and ign power in the two fuse boxes under the hood and in the dash, but that means i need to tear apart my truck to run a wire through :/ not really something i wanna do, but i'll have to if necessary. please supply a detailed description or maybe a few pictures if possible! :D a side note, would it be possible to hook up a relay to my amplifier and on the same relay, to another replay going to my fans? I heard that you could burn out your remote out from your deck and that's something i don't want to do.