1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Chevy 1500 5.3 flexfuel

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2007 Chevy 1500, Aug 26, 2012.

1. 2007 Chevy 1500

2007 Chevy 1500 New Member

My motor has 262000 I just got it and when it warms up there is a ticking
    Noise it sounds like valves or something any ideas/help?
  2. Blazer454

Blazer454 Member

Is that miles or km?? Is this motor one with the active fuel management that kills cylinders?
  3. 2007 Chevy 1500

Miles and no it doesn't have that all 8 run all the time
  4. Blazer454

Blazer454 Member

Ok. When its cold the noise isnt noticable? What oil are you using?
  5. 2007 Chevy 1500

Nope and I have no idea what oils in it. The oil looks newer and still clean the truck says change oil tho. And also when it's warm you can feel a little roughness in the ideal
  6. Blazer454

Blazer454 Member

Well id say the first thing to do would be to change the oil. Id recommend putting a good 10-30 oil in it. Its hard to say how old that oil is and what oil the previous owner was using. If the noise is still there i would remove the valve covers and inspect. I have seen a couple of these with high miles that break valve springs
  7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's always wise to change the oil when you purchase an used vehicle, I think using the 5W30 is a better choice, that is the oil recommended by GM (check the owner's manual, and/or the oil fill tube cover).

If you had a broken valve spring, I think you would have a rough running engine (hot, or cold), it would act like it was running on 7 cylinders instead of 8.

If ticking when hot, it is probably a leaking lifter, or a lifter with a little dirt in it,
    If ticking when cold, it is usually piston slap (a little wear on the walls of the cylinder sleeve.

With that kind of mileage, I would suggest changing the trans fluid, the rear diff gear oil, and if 4x4, the front diff gear oil and the transfer case oil.

Also, the engine coolant and spark plugs should have been changed at 100k and again at 200k miles
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  10. 2007 Chevy 1500

Thank you all try that and can you here the injectors on theses trucks? I am going to do the oil Friday and plugs when I have the extra money what plugs should I use? Also should I have the transmission flushed and the filter changed the fluid in it doesn't smell burnt it just smells old.