2007 Chevy 1500 5.3 flexfuel

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2007 Chevy 1500, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club and enjoy the site. :party:

2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You should be following the guide in the owner's manual. If you don't have one, they are available on-line.

If you purchased the truck used, following the owner's guide is a must (the previous owner may not have performed proper maintenance).

My 2cents

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C!

5. 2007 Chevy 1500

2007 Chevy 1500 New Member

It didn't come with one and I am just trying to do all the recommended stuff I don't no anything about the newer motors. All go buy one soon. Can you here the injectors in these motors

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

7. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

At 262K miles, yeah, I'd do a transmission service, but I'd start with dropping the transmission pan and changing the transmission filter. Flushes are great, in that they replace all the fluid, but if your filter is clogged, the transmission flush isn't going to fix that. At that much mileage, the filter should definitely get some attention. Transmission fluid flush is optional after changing the filter and replacing a portion of the fluid (about 4 quarts?) in the pan drop. Personally, I would do the filter/pan drop, and then in 6 months do a fluid flush.

Recommend also cleaning the throttle body, checking the plugs (and replacing if necessary) and doing a fuel filter replacement (can't recall if that model year has an inline or not... if it does, replace it.).

How is the suspension? That's a butt-load of miles on a 5 year old vehicle!

Welcome to the club!

-Skippy