1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Chevy Avalanche Rearview mirror in 2010 GMC Sierra WT

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Signaturesv, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Signaturesv

Signaturesv Member

Guys,

i have a 2010 GMC sierra WT 2door and I REALLY want the outside temperature gauge. I know my truck has a thermometer because it warns me when ice is present and i can see the thermometer in my grill. However, i cannot find a way to be able to unlock it in my dash like stock LS and LT trucks have

I was in my friends 2007 Avalanche with the temp and compass in the mirror and it dawned on me that I could find a salvage mirror and possibly rewire it.

It has onstar which would be useless but I really like the look of the mirror and its auto dimming:glasses: Can I somehow wire this up for power and attach a thermometer to it? possibly tapping off of my stock one? how does the compass work, i imagine its built into the mirror. I did find one off a salvage avalanche with the "Wire Harness"

This would be awesome if it could work! Lemme know your thoughts (btw: im pretty good with wiring)