2007 chevy silverado 4x4

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cordgrass, Jan 7, 2010.

1. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

I have noise whichs sounds like it is coming from the passegner side. the noise sounds like my tire is rubbing but i am stopped. i have took the tire off and cant find any damage or anything broke. it also makes the sound when i take off.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

It makes the noise when you aren't moving?

3. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

noise

correct when i am stopped and have the brake compressed.

4. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

it could be your serpertine belt rubbing or wanting to jump off the idlers, I would check that out because only the engine is rotating while you are stopped and brakes are fully applied.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It could also be the heater core burbling, if there is some air bubles in it they can make some gurgling

6. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

it may be the belt because it was squeling the other day think i am going to change it.

7. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

i changed the belt no help. it seems to make the noise when i am stopped (sometimes), when i turn, and when i first take off.

8. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

i think the noise is coming from my transmission it goes away when i put it in neutrual. what causes this.

9. cordgrass

cordgrass New Member

today 2-6 looking for the noise again found a leak coming from the front near the 4 wheel drive gear box. hope this is under warranty.