2007 Chevy Silverado Cruise Shutting Off/Heater Issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mjro, Oct 24, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. mjro

mjro New Member

Looking for some ideas regarding cruise control and heater. We just bought a 2007 Silverado LTZ with Vortec engine. Heater and cruise worked fine for about a week, until we took vehicle into dealership to have block heater installed and coolant flushed.

Since we picked the truck up after the block heater installation and flush the heater will not blow hot air if you set the system to push air through the dash vents unless you set the system to 90. The A/C is not turned on.

I returned the truck to the dealership and asked them to check it out. After a $120 diagnostic, I was told that this is normal for GM trucks. I have a 2010 Sierra and it does not have this issue.

After leaving the dealership this time, I find that the cruise control is disengaging every time you turn on either the left or right blinker. This was not happening before.

Is there something the dealership could have done to cause both of these issues? If not, does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thank you