Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 colorado starting problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by michael howell, Oct 6, 2013.

1. michael howell

michael howell New Member

Ive had the truck since o miles. Recently, the truck has random start problems, hot or cold 3 times in the last 6 wks. Where do i begin? to fix this problem. I dont want my truck to be unreliable.,
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

More info. How many miles. Any other issues? Good solid battery? Anything else unusual?

What do you mean hard time starting? It won't turn over or is slow? Fuel system issues. Battery issues. Could be several things.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

As [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] asks, "what do you mean by hard time starting"?

Will the starter spin the engine and it will not start?

Or, is there no starter action, the starter does not attempt to spin the motor?
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Michael,

I understand that you are looking to resolve this vehicle issue yourself with the help of your fellow forum members and I might not be able to give any technical advice. If you cannot resolve this issue yourself ,please know that GM Customer Care is here and happy to assist. Private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer care
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let us know. Thanks.
  6. Danny Hanson

Danny Hanson New Member

Well I have a 2007 Colorado having starting issues too. It had 74K on it when I bought it 6/14 and it is 9/16/14 now with 78k and I have had same problem a half of dozen times now. It cranks but not start. Happens when it is hot cold it doesn't matter. I wait 10 to 15 minutes and it will start like nothing has happened. Fuel pump works when this happens. I have read up on this on the internet and find out that I am not the lone dog on the block having this issue. I am wondering if the last guy got rid of this truck cause of this problem. I bought it from a dealer. I read passlock, fuel, spark and other reasons to look for. I call head mechanic at Chevy in Roseville, Ca auto mall. Said he has heard of this issue too but cannot nail it down. I looked for a recall. People have replaced parts to no avail spending money going back to square one. No Check engine light. My $200 Scanner does not find anything neither. I am at a loss. Can anyone help.

Thank you, Danny
  7. Danny Hanson

Danny Hanson New Member

Have you fixed it yet? I have 2007 Colorado too doing the same thing.
  8. Danny Hanson

Danny Hanson New Member

I cleaned the throttle body and it did not cure the Problem. Happened again right away. Experimenting now locking the truck every time I get out now no matter even it is only for a couple of minutes.
  9. Danny Hanson

Danny Hanson New Member

Now have done fuel pressure ck. 55 lbs and holds. 55 lb running. Fuel pump cks out good. Ck it before problem and also ck it while it did it again caring the pressure guage with me waiting for it to happen again. A couple of things I have also tried, seems to do better with full tank, but than did it again. Wait a few seconds for fuel pump to to build pressuer. It is happening to me quiet regularly now. Sometimes three times a day. Someone please help.