1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Crew cab 2wd, Lift and shock question?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by gangster_martini, Sep 27, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. gangster_martini

gangster_martini New Member

Hey guys.. thought it would be a good idea to join a forum so I can find answers to my many questions! I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab 2wd new body style and I would like to lift it 4.5 inches. The question is how high can I go before I would need new shocks? Many lift kits come with the choice to have shocks included or not at all. Any input would be helpful, thank you!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member 100 Posts

First, welcome to the GMTC. Now, I would say anything over a 2.5" leveling kit and you are going to want the extended shocks. And I'm sure some will tell you even with just the leveling kit it's a good idea to swap out the stock shocks.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

********thread moved here***********
    If you have any questions about the move you can feel free to PM me.
  4. Sam_A

Sam_A New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!

I'm running truck on stock suspension, so I can't really give you any good advice on the lift, but there are a lot of people here who can.
  5. gangster_martini

gangster_martini New Member

Thank you very much! I was leaning more towards getting the shocks just to be safe anyways..
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome!!! I have some experience with this, as I did a ton of research prior to me recently installing my kit, and found that you will probably either need to replace your shocks or find a kit that uses shock extension mounts. However, most recommend replacing the shocks. That said, this is about the only experience I have with suspension items, so I would not put too much weight on my statement.....definitely see what others have to say.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You really need longer shocks or shock extensions with just a leveling kit so with a 4" lift you definetly need longer shocks. The reason most lift companies make the shocks a option is that some people what to run a differant type shock or a dual shock set up. Which lift kits have you looked at?