1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 GMC Performance Chip

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by LSalvy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. LSalvy

LSalvy New Member

I have a new 2007 Gmc sierra with the 5.3L vortec. Im lookin to get some more power by adding a chip but i want to know which one is the best if i just want the chip and no headers etc... thanks
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You could try a handheld programmer like the Hypertech Max Energy. I have an 07 with the 4.8 and got great results. It's quicker of the line, shifts better and gets better fuel economy.
  3. 4x4_only

4x4_only Member

I was looking into the Hypertech or the Superchips programmer; how much was the jump in mileage if you don't mind me asking?
  4. LSalvy

LSalvy New Member

thanks ill look into that
  5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I went up 3mpg from 11.8-14.8. 25%
  6. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

do you have to run premium gas?
  7. 4x4_only

4x4_only Member

I don't think you'll have to with the Hypertech. I had a hypertech programmer for a dodge I drove back in college and you could tune it to either 87 octane or 91 octane. One benefit of the Hypertech programmers although I'm not 100% certain this is true for the newer programmers as I do not have one, yet.
  8. bigwill20021

bigwill20021 New Member

I have a 04 silverado 5.3L crew cab short bed with the superchip tuner installed and i am getting around 17 in town and around 20 or so highway. And it also has settings for stock, stock with options, 87 octane, towing, 91 octane, and you can change shift points rev and speed limiters
  9. Maximous

Maximous Rockstar

no you dont have to run premium, it has settings for 87 vs 91 octane.

FINALDAY7- how much of your mpg jump was due to having 20"s, im guessing that your truck came with the 17in rims? if so are your 20's the same size as the 17's or are you +1 or 2?
  10. 4x4_only

4x4_only Member

Does the superchips allow you to compensate for tire and gearing swaps? I've upsized to a 35" tire and 4.10 gears.