1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 HVAC Controls Swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by urbandweller, Mar 10, 2009.

1. urbandweller

urbandweller New Member

Is it possible to take the analog HVAC control unit and swap it for the Digital Control unit? I have an LT1 and if it is not too difficult I may want to upgrade to the digital control unit.

Thanks

David Urban
  2. mtbob

mtbob New Member

I have a 2006 in the same configuration. Interested to know the details also.
  3. goodgxt

goodgxt New Member

I have recently purchased a 2010 Silverado 1500 with the standard AC controls and was curious to see if it was possible to upgrade to the Dual Zone Digital Control Panel as well. I've seen a picture of both and the connections on the back look the same. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks.
  4. GoshenBurb

GoshenBurb New Member

I'm thinking about doing the same on my 2003 Suburban. Has anyone had any luck? Thanks.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It may be possible. I believe that the fan resistor would need to be changed also as they are different between the two controls. Go to a parts store website, autozone, advance, napa, and checkout the resistors available. Some are for manual control, some for dual climate control with manual ac, some for dual climate with auto ac. I made the car lot that I bought my truck from change my resistor before I bought the truck. The resistor itself is around $170. Next time I pull my dash apart I will take pictures of the backside of my digital dual zone control. That way you can pull yours out and see if the connectors are the same.
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's a huge change, I know at least one guy who has done it to a Trailblazer. You need to upgrade everything you see and many parts you don't see. for example, there are a number of inside thermostats that must be added.

And, this is only my opinion, it is not worth it. I have the auto unit in my Avalanche and I find myself switching it to manual so much that I just leave it there.