1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 silverado and flex fuel eng.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by urbancowboy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. urbancowboy

urbancowboy New Member

well i found a 2007 1500 ltz silverado 5.3 liter with low miles, the only problem it has the flex fuel eng, which im not fussy about. i think they have the alumminum block so how will it stand up to a few hundred thousand miles. here the ethanol gas mileage is poor. now when you run the unleaded fuel are you going to run into problems later? anyone have this eng. can yo share any info with me ..whats your take on the flex fuel engs. thanks
  2. blacksilverado07

blacksilverado07 Rockstar

i have that truck but im nowere near 100 thousand miles but no problems yet
  3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i got the 5.3 flex and I love that engine ..it's almost trouble free ..i say almost cause you still gotta change the oil spark plugs etc etc just turning 61k right now ... she's a solid engine
  4. urbancowboy

urbancowboy New Member

thank for the reply guys... are any of you where they have extreme cold winter conditions as just wondering how the alumimum blocks will hold up to cold weather
  5. blacksilverado07

blacksilverado07 Rockstar

right now in houston its about 30 degrees and they hold up pretty good