2007 Silverado Classic brake light question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Padre, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Padre

Padre Rockstar

My driver's side brake light doesn't work. I've checked all the fuses. I've taken the passenger side bulb and put it in the driver's side, still no good. The driver's side bulb that wasn't working in the driver's side works fine when put in the passenger's side.

I recently installed a Pacer F5 Outback 60" LED tailgate light, and that works fine. I disconnected it and the brake light still doesn't work.

Reverse, turn signals, backup lights and running lights all work fine. It's just the filiment for the driver's side brake that won't light up.

Any suggestions?

2. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

Look in the fuse center under the hood. On the left side.

3. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a fuse there for each brake light.

1 person likes this.
  4. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Thanks John, the fuse is ok.

BUT: Today I was driving to the DMV, and in front of me was an 07 Silvy, exactly like mine. Same color, ext. cab, etc. AND!!!!! His driver's side brake light didn't work! Then driving home, I was behind another Silverado, don't know if it was a 2006 or 2007, and his driver's side brake light didn't work either! My truck is now at the dealer. :)

5. Padre

Padre Rockstar

ANSWER:

Got her back from the dealer this afternoon. It seems that when the factory put the module on the underside of the truck, the female pins were all screwy, and the brake light pin was broken. Go figure.

They fixed it and now it's working great!!