1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 silverado classic

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by harleylay, Jan 3, 2010.

1. harleylay

harleylay New Member

I have done a search and found nothing so I will post On an 07 classic if I want to put an after market stereo in does this require that the original radio got to stay with the truck requiring that I need to but the wire adapter. I know some chevys require this just not 4 sure on mine. Thanks
  2. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

Pull the original out. Get a wire harness adaptor, Dash install kit and antanne adaptor
  3. harleylay

harleylay New Member

I know that I want to make sure the factory radio DOES NOT need to stay withe the truck.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

no you do not keep the factory radio in or with the truck
  5. Shooter

Shooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Not unless it is a lease. If so they will want you to reinstall the original radio for the lease turn in. Otherwise I agree with the others here, no you can do what ever you want to with it..it IS your radio after all.