1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Silverado NBS- Air Conditioner wont properly cool

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by swoulter, Sep 22, 2010.

1. swoulter

swoulter New Member

Good afternoon gents,

So I was away for 2 month(Military) and had to leave my truck in Florida. Well I get back and the truck of course runs great, however, the a/c is not too happy with me. The a/c is not getting cold. It will slightly cool the air and dry it out however, its not a comfortable cool and definately not cold. My friend drove it two weeks ago and he said the a/c worked fine. However here is where I am at,

As of today,

-the freon level is good
    -low/high pressure is good
    -clutch on the compressor is engaging, (only noise is the click of the compressor engaging, no other noises i.e. squeaks)
    -It will cool a little better at highway speeds however it is not cold by anymeans.
    -There is no debris on condenser.

Any ideas?

RC
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado
    65,000 miles
  2. Silverado2010

Silverado2010 New Member

I know this may sound funny, but did you try turning the heat on and then off? I noticed a couple times where my 2010 Silverado has done the same thing, but when I move the temperature dial from one extreme to the other and back again it resolves the issue.

Good Luck,
    Joe
  3. swoulter

swoulter New Member

Yes, I tried that also. And it didnt work.