1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Silverado Service Air Bag

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by se3racing, Aug 18, 2013.

1. se3racing

se3racing New Member

Where are the air bag sensors! Look underneath around front bumpers, I see nothing. What do I have to remove to find them? Thanks!
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member

Don't touch anything on your airbag system. Simply don't. One wrong move and you'll have to have the whole restraint system repaired. Thank your government, bite the bullet, and take it to a qualified technician.
  3. Hello,

I see that your service air bag light came on. If you are interested into going to the dealership, I can assist you with that. I am happy to locate the dealership and can even make the appointment. Private message me if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They are there. You just need to know what to look for. If you don't know what you are doing, then I would not touch them. If you know how to disconnect and discharge the system then go for it. It is actually very easy to do.I am sure if you look around enough then you will find out how. After you disconnect and discharge the system it is as simple as unbolting the sensor and undoing a electrical clip.