1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 Silverado Squeaks!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by drillbit26, Dec 7, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member 100 Posts

Ok so I have had my truck since the 19th of november. about a week ago it started to squeal/squeak when it starts. sometimes it lasts for awhile and other times it quits shortly after it starts. I have a warrenty on it and it only has 35000 miles so I was wondering if this has happened with anyone else and if it is something I could fix myself or should I just go on and take it to the dealer? thanks in advance. Oh yeah Like I said 07 New body style, 5.3 z71
  2. MightyMax

MightyMax New Member 100 Posts

Sounds like belts to me.??
  3. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member 100 Posts

I'm going to go insane. I replaced the belt and it still squeaks. its the little noises like this that drive me up a wall
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would guess the tensioner then. But if its that then your warranty should cover it.