Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2007 Silverado tail light

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by cooner, Sep 9, 2012.

1. cooner

cooner New Member

I have a 2007 Silverado Clasic and the right (passenger side) tail light doesn't work. Blinker, brake light and all work fine. Tried 2 new bulbs and the tail light filiment does not light up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Have you checked your fuses? And checked to make sure the wiring harness is all plugged up and tight? It is right above the spare under the bed

3. cooner

cooner New Member

Checked the wiring harness but not the fuses...which one would be for the right tail light?

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Fuses for the Taillights are Located in the Fuse Box, in the Engine Bay, and on the Back-side of the Fuse Box Cover, is a Diagram of All the Fuses.

5. cooner

cooner New Member

On the back side of the cover none are marked 'rt tl' or anything that resembles right tail light. Looked in the owners manual and it didn't show one.

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know that 07 was a model change. But, my 2002 had the same issue. It turned out to be where the rear harness connects to the harness from the front. Mine was located on the frame cross member just obove the spare tire. I pulled the connector apart and sprayed some contact cleaner on both sides. Then I smeared some grease on it and reassembled it. I had to use a Zip tie to hold it together because the clip was weak.