Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 suburban a/c problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Beast5959, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Beast5959

Beast5959 New Member

In my 2007 chevy suburban LT (Weird set of options in it), my driver and passenger air conditioning are not working, but my rear seating air conditioning is working perfectly. What do you think is wrong with the a/c. The chevy dealer wants to charge me out the wazoo too even check it
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what is not working? does it not blow air out on the pass side or just not cold air?

Most common problem would be the blend door for the HVAC system in the dash
  3. Beast5959

Beast5959 New Member

Very little air blows at all. The air in the back is ice cold

- - - Updated - - -

Next to no air comes out the front. The back blows hard ice cold
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the back is run off its own fan and vent system separate from the front but same refrigerant as the front. does it work with the heat on, does the fan work on all speeds(hear the change in sound at all settings). check to see if when you change it from floor to front vents that it changes. My best guess would be a blend door problem
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

As [MENTION=23928]Z71_guy[/MENTION] has stated, the front and rear are separate HVAC units, sharing the common source of heat, or AC.

Your front problem could be a blend door, but, I can not tell from your description, if the front blower is working. Perhaps the front blower motor is bad, or (most likely) the speed control module is bad.