1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 SUburban Burned Transmission

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by oneforspawn, Jan 6, 2008.

1. oneforspawn

oneforspawn New Member

Hello, today I found out that the transmission on my 2007 suburban was burned. I does not shift properly and revs very high. I have owned it for about a year and it has about 15,000 miles. My question is, "Is it covered by the factory warranty, and will the dealership fix it for free?" Thanks for any help. I am planning to take it to the dealership tomorrow but I just want to know.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It should be, provided there's no obvious abuse that can be proven to have contributed to the destruction of the transmission.
    Good luck at the dealer and dont take no for an answer.
  3. oneforspawn

oneforspawn New Member

I received a couple of calls from the dealership letting me know what was wrong with the transmission. It turns out some springs in the transmission were bent and burned and thats what caused the problems. I will be picking it up tomorrow and I do not have to pay a dime so that makes me happy. Thanks for the help tbplus10. :happy:
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good to hear it's working out for ya.
  5. rssjib

rssjib New Member

Isn't there a 100,000 drivetrain warranty anyway? That should cover it.....
  6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if it was in later 07 i beleive so