2007 Tahoe Dashlights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Bkamf, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bkamf

Bkamf New Member

I have a 2007 Tahoe and I find it very difficult to see the instrument panel during the day. Does anybody know of a mod that would allow you to keep the light control in "Auto" and have the instrument lights active during the daytime?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is one of my biggest complaints about the entire 2007 line of trucks and suvs. I've driven then Yukon / Tahoe and also the Silverado and on both platforms I found it difficult to read the instrument panel during the day, especially when wearing sunglasses.

I simply turned on the foglights when I drove a vehicle that had them, otherwise I kept the driving/headlights on.

3. Bkamf

Bkamf New Member

Your right! I've taken 2 trips in the Tahoe and had to lift my sunglasses just to see how much fuel I had. My local GM mechanic tells me that if you hotwire the lights from the dimmer switch, the onboard computer will probably give off an error code since the lights would be in the wrong state. Has anybody tried to modify this?

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's probably true. I found that I got "used to" reading it. Once you get a feel for where the numbers are you can get an idea for where the numbers are at.

The first few times you drive it, you'll have to get adjusted to it.

5. PaulS328

PaulS328 New Member

GM has a TSB on this. The dealer can replace the cluster with an '08 and the reprogram the lighting, under warranty, but only if you complain.

Paul