1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 tahoe installation questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by markbo, Sep 25, 2009.

1. markbo

markbo New Member

Can someone please help me. My truck threw off codes for my throttle position sensor and emission vent valve. i now have the parts but i cant find any information on how to install either part. PLEASE HELP!!!!
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Throttle position sensors are connected to the throttle. Look on either side of the throttle body assembly.
    Should look something like the picture below. Don't know what you mean by "emisssion vent valve" If you are talking about the evap canister vent valve, the canister is next to the fuel tank.
    [​IMG]
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What codes did your truck "throw off"? Usually when a code sets it noes not mean the part is bad. Post the codes and we will help you fix your truck instead of throwing parts at it.
  4. markbo

markbo New Member

Code p0121

One of the codes is p0121. that is for the throttle position sensor.The other one was 400 something. I have to get it read again.The guy at the auto parts store told me that the vent valve most likely has a leak an i needed to replace it. Thanks for all of you guys help by the way.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
  5. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

Most of the big stores will print off something showing you what your codes are.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The TPS sensor shares a ground with several other sensors. Check the ground wire to the TPS. You should see no more than .300MV. If there is more voltage than .300MV you have a bad ground. If the ground checks good look for a solid 5 Volts on the Ref wire. No more and no less than 5 Volts. If that is good then check the signal return wire for smooth return voltage with no opens or glitches. The best tool for this check is an analog volt meter. It's hard to see a glitch with a DVOM.