Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2007 to 2013 gmc & chevy 6"chrome step corroding and rusting problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by savagetman, Apr 17, 2014.

1. savagetman

savagetman Member

was wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with the gm 6" chrome oval steps for 2007 to 2013 gmc and chevy trucks. got my truck in 2012 and had the chrome steps put on. they did not even make it a year the they were showing signs of corroding and rusting in spots. So i had them replaced on warranty around the middle of summer. Now not even a year later same problem and just had them replaced today for the third time. I wash my truck about every two weeks to try to keep the grime and salt off of it with a brush in winter and summer as well shammy it dry before i leave. I have had no other problem with the chrome on the truck and i have been watching for it to start rusting on the passenger side rear bumper above the exhaust pipe since iv been warned it is a common problem.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I believe that if you had the dealer install them, they are covered by the vehicle warranty. If you bought a 2012 in 2012, they should still have warranty.

3. savagetman

savagetman Member

yes they are still on warranty, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as im on the 3rd set of step threw warranty.