1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 uplander fuel system problem: pump has 62 psi at tank, engine won't run.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jonathan1962, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jonathan1962

jonathan1962 New Member

Jon b here, Palmdale ca.
    my 2007 uplander ran out of gas. i added 4 gallons to the tank (roadside) and the engine won't start.
    i dropped the gas tank and tested the fuel pump pressure at 62 p.s .i..
    Still won't start, no fuel to the engine.
    I tried to check fuel pressure at the green capped schrader valve but nothing at all comes out when I depress the needle.

Any suggestions?
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Welcome to GMTC. Have you checked your feul pump and also have you filled it yet. Also a hint for next time dont run out of gas.
  3. jonathan1962

jonathan1962 New Member

I have checked the fuel pump at the tank. Specs list required pressure at 56-62 P.S.I..
    Where do I check pressure from at the engine? And it was my wife who ran out of gas.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear you're having wife-induced troubles. I can't help with the issue but wanted to welcome you to GMTC! :great:
  5. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

If you have pressure at the pump, but not at the Schrader valve, that suggests to me either something blocking fuel flow to the engine. I would actually hook your pressure gauge up to the Schrader valve and run the pump to see if the system generates pressure. Have you checked the fuel filter? Kinks or other damage to the supply line?

The other possibility that comes readily to mind is if the regulator is stuck open. Carefully (so as not to damage the return line) pinch off a soft spot in the return line and run the pump to see if that induces the pressure to come up. If you get no pressure with the return line open, but pressure builds up when the return line is closed, that suggests that the regulator is stuck open (I'm assuming at this point that you '07 still uses the continuously circulating fuel system like my '98).