1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008+ bed on a 2004 silverado?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Bowtied, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

hey guys very curious about this because i see older trucks (like from the 70's) with 90's style beds on them all the time (usually vato's piecing their rides together from junkyards) and i was wondering because i love the front end of my silverado compared to the 2008's but i like the beds of the 2008's better than the 2004's. any info on this? I think it seems very plausible.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

There was someone on the site a few weeks ago doing this to his truck. He had pictures, but I can't remmember who it was. Anyone else remmember?
  3. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

bump as im still looking for a picture of this. any chance anyone remembers who this user was or a link to his thread? (google took me right back here)
    ?
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I saw a truck on ebay a while back where the owner had put a 2007 + bed on a 2003-2007 silverado. It must have bolted right up otherwise it wouldn't have been worth while to do. It did line up fairly well with the cab of the truck, and I had to look twice before I noticed it. The thing that gave it away is that the GMT-800 has a body line down the middle of it, while the GMT-900 has big flat panels without the body line. When you put the different styles on the same truck, this difference is noticeable to anyone paying attention. The bumper on the newer trucks also wraps around, so it would have to be replaced with the bed to match. The bumper is a direct bolt-on to the frame though.