1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Chevrolet clock resetting on it's own

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redride, Oct 4, 2010.

1. redride

redride New Member

I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 and every two days the clock resets to 12:00 and the date changes to 1/1/2004. In addition to this the temp changes from what ever I had it set to to 74 and the raido station changes to an FM station that I did not have it set to. I do not loose my presets or anything else.I checked at the dealer and he said he has never heard of the problem and that I would have to pay at least $200 to them to see if they could figure it out. I just got the truck back from them about 2 weeks ago when they had to replace the 6 disk changer and put in 2 new batteries. The truck starts up fine and does not show to be low on volts. Any Ideas????
  2. Westwind46

Westwind46 New Member

I'm having the same problem with my 2008 Sierra HD, tomorrow it goes back into the dealer for the second time for the same problem, last time they
    just set the clock and gave it back to me, at least they figured out why when I opened the drivers door the interior light didn't come on and fixed that.
    I found a Technical Bulletin (PIT4470A) for the problem but it's not for the radio unit that I have in my truck but hopefully when I give it to them
    tomorrow it will head them in the right track, supposedly they have to update the calibration/reprogram the radio with the tech 2 unit whatever that
    means. My Warranty expires in 2 1/2 months so I want to get this fixed asap.
  3. Westwind

Westwind New Member

Back from the dealer, they rescaned, reflashed the computer on the truck which involved the radio, clock, and automatic AC. They had recently gotten a Technical Bulletin in which advised them on what to do so if your still in warranty get it into the dealer or you will go nuts resetting that clock. My wife wanted to buy one of those stick on clocks. I still have 1,000 miles of warranty so I'm hot on any problem, at least to get it documented.
    It's funny that that came in between last Friday and this Friday when I went in with a copy of a TB on the same problem different 2007/2008 GM radio.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  4. Westwind

Westwind New Member

Back to square one, when I turn the key on and wait for the glow plug light to go out clock time is correct, when I advance the key
    and start the truck the clock time goes to 12:00 and date back to 1/1/2004, the AC comes on with split temps set at 74 degrees,
    AC on and fan blasting. Not nice when temps are in the 40. I can manually reset fan, change temp and shut off AC. But if I left
    it off why would it do this?
    Looks like the tech bulletin they used didn't work or the flash that they did didn't work or wasn't done correctly. So now I have to
    call the Service Manager and start there, 47 miles up and back and I've done it twice already during one week with no satisfaction.
  5. It appears that you already have an appointment to take the vehicle back to the dealership. I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know how it goes once you have visited the dealership. You can send me a private message and let me know if the issue is resolved. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  6. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

Did you guys find any solution to this? My 08 has been doing the same thing, clock resetting, for a while. Today, everything went out- no lights, nothing. Even the remote key clicker was toast. The battery connections seem tight and clean- I wiggled them. 20 minutes later everything was working again? Strange little problem- but is it a sign of an weak battery or alternator- or something deeper?
  7. Westwind46

Westwind46 New Member

Donnie - no resolution yet, tomorrow I call the dealership for another appointment and another 1/2 day shot. I'm going to push them to look at the batteries and test them but after a 45 minute drive everything is charged up. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out this time. Will post the results.
  8. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

We did a load test on the battery, and it failed. New battery and all is well...so far.
  9. pawowgold

pawowgold New Member

10. andrea jones

andrea jones New Member

iam having the same problem u posted ..did u find a fix for this?