1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Chevy silverado light knob help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tricitydeals, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Tricitydeals

Tricitydeals New Member

I have a 2008 silverado and I just noticed that the knob that turns the light on/off/auto and the know for the interior lights is push in. How to i pop in back into place.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hard to follow what your asking.

Do you have 2 switches that are "pushed in"? Help us out.
  3. Tricitydeals

Tricitydeals New Member

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attached Files:

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I remember correctly there's clips behind the panel that hold the switch's in place, I think those clips are plastic, which would mean they break easily.
    I've hit that switch with my knee once or twice and worried about doing the same thing.
  5. Tricitydeals

Tricitydeals New Member

How do I get to it? Does that entire plate come out or do I need to disassemble the skirt?

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

You have what appears to be an LTZ interior. You will need to remove the lower part of the dash on the drivers side. After that you will be able to un-clip the piece that holds the light switch assembly.
  7. Tricitydeals

Tricitydeals New Member

I do have a LTZ. I got lucky, I was able to pop the fuse panel on the side and access it. i used a pencil to guide and snap it back into place. It appears there are no broken clips.
    Thanks for everyone's help.

8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

We all learned something today, thanks for sharing.

If it happens again, the trim piece just below the switches, will easily remove.
  9. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

That's good to know, the fuse panel. Will have to remember that.