2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ChevyFan, May 31, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS Photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

08 is going to be the last year for the TBSS . They very nice and Fast SUV

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The Trailblazer in general is due to be phased out in favor of the crossover vehicles as well.

4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The folks have an '07 TBSS that I've driven quite a bit. They are definately really fun the drive, but not surprised it's being phased out.

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Too bad for the phase-out, I love the looks and style of the SS!

6. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Agreed. And you know, if they would have given it a 6-sp, better seats, and improve the overall build quality... I'd buy one!

7. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I wanted an SS but they weren't out yet. I like them a lot better. After i was in an accident, i tried to get the dealer to put the SS bumpers on instead, but they said the brackets are so different that it would just make a mess of the car to get them on.

When i bought the trailblazer they said they were in place of the blazer (which i wanted becuase you can get thoses clammed to the ground)

maybe i am out of it a little, what is the crossover. is it bigger than the trialblazer, or same size different style. I have to say thoght the trialblazer is a good little suv.

8. Darkstar2904

Darkstar2904 New Member

Normally crossovers are same to smaller size than the trailblazer. Most are very round like a car. Hence the name for being a mix of the two. Examples are like the Mazda CX-9 or the Ford Edge. Personally I think suvs are much better than crossovers. I wouldn't be able to haul all of my camping gear in one of those. Yet they have better mpg. Positives and negatives to both types of vehicles. I'm not sure if gm has made an actual crossover yet.

9. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Thanks for explaining that. I think my nect new car will be a Suburban or Silverado.

10. Darkstar2904

Darkstar2904 New Member

Yup your very welcome! Wish I coulda seen your lowered silvy. Sounds sick.