1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Ectended Cab LS suspension?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chevy Newby, May 28, 2012.

1. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby New Member

Hey guys, I traded my '08 1500 LT1 Z71 for a '08 2500HD LS 4x4, will post the new pics soon. The truck has 89k miles, one owner, extremely clean but the ride quality isnt there like my Z71 had. I hear some rattles and squeaks and it seem "bouncy" to me. Instead of getting the factory stuff repaired I figured I would get my suspension lift kit. What do you guys recommend for a daily driver and that will give me that good ride my Z71 had? Thanks for the advise.
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The bouncy part doesn't surprise me as the suspension is going to be stiffer in the HD by design. Load some weight in it and it would calm down. Of course, it would also kill your gas mileage that much more... As far as the lift kit, what are you planning to do with the truck? How much height do you want, will it be used offroad, primarily highway, will you be towing, loading down the bed, etc? Without information like that we can't make a real accurate recommendation regarding the suspension changes.
  3. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby New Member

thanks for the reply, the truck will be used daily as my primary transportation but I will be towing on the weekends a 8.5x26 trailer weighing about 2 tons. As far as height I was thinking about 6" lift.