1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 GMC 2500HD interior door handle mecanism

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by danthe, Jan 19, 2013.

1. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

If you could post a few pics, I might be able to suggest an effective, permanent repair. I'm pretty good at "Mac Guyvering" things!!!
    P
  2. danthe

danthe New Member

I will try to post picture later on tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

OK here they are. First pics if the inside panel.
    2008 ebony door panel.jpg
    Second pics is the door handle and the internal post (which is the broken part)
    handle internal assembly.jpg

Third pics is the internal handle module which is attached to the inside of the door panel (attached by heat plugs). The broken part is at 2:00 o'clock form my finger.
    internal assembly.jpg

This the broken part. The loop that is broken hold the ball linkage that attach to the door stryker/opener module.
    broken part.jpg

This is the ball linkage.
    ball linkage.jpg

The GM part number for the inside panel is 25845314. This is for the ebony panel which I do not need really need. Any other color panel would have the same part. Please e-mail me if anyone has access to this part.

Thanks

danthe
  3. brianmac65

brianmac65 New Member

Hello I have the same problem and am going to try and weld the ball at the end of the cable to the bracket. what do u think about that
  4. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

The ball needs to pivot inside so i dont think it will last very long.
  5. brianmac65

brianmac65 New Member

maybe the strain will be on the cable which is a lot stronger. I checked at gm today and they said I have to replace the whole interior panel.

- - - Updated - - -

750=00 buck for the panel and all I need is the clip