1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali Tail Light Remove???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DRAMA, Aug 17, 2009.

1. DRAMA

DRAMA New Member

I own a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali Truck and the left tail light has condensation in it. I was wondering if anybody had a DIY write up on how to remove the tail light? I want to see if there is a crack or if something else is wrong.
  2. Shooter

Shooter Rockstar 100 Posts

If it is a 2008 it should still be under warranty, so I wouldnt mess with it myself.
    The only time I have ever seen them condensate inside is when the seal has been broken on the lens assembly itself. Either way, I dont think there is a way you can reseal it yourself, I believe they are a replace only item when the seal goes. But then I could be wrong..it would not be the first time. :)
    Good luck to you.:)
  3. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

not only is it still under warranty [or should be anyway since its a barely a year old] but the taillights on my 06 silverado are held in by 2 phillips head screws. drop the tail gate and look to the inside and you will see two screws one at top and one at the bottom screwed in toward the outside of the truck, unscrew that and disconnect the bulb harness and thats it. it takes like 5 minutes, very simple.. only thing i can think as mentioned above is a seal is broke, take it to your dealer. if they wont touch it you can order LED tail lights on ebay for your truck that will look way better for somewhere around 150
  4. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i would put the led lights in it. they look so much better if the dealer wont fix it