2008 GMC Sierra & Hypertech

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by zarang, Jun 17, 2009.

1. zarang

zarang New Member

Hey everyone , Denny here , new to the site . I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3 only mods are a generic cat back exhaust , some 22's and a cold air hood . I bought the hypertech programmer for it and have been playing around with the different programming options . I was curious if anyone else has experimented with and come up with som eidea rev limiter and transmission shift point settings . I was playing around with it today and raised the rev limiter 200 rpms and all shift points up 200 rpms . the thing ran like a BEAST insanely quick , up to 120 or better in no time . The rev limiter was set to 5700 but the shift points must have been set too high , would cut out before it would shift . got home to play around with it then the abs and brake light stayed on until i reset it back to 100 rpm over the stock settings . Any help guys ? suggestions ? Would be greatly appreciated , Thanks Denny

2. bcoffman

bcoffman Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome, I'm sure someone here can help you.

3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!

4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

6. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

welcome, you'll find this place very usefull. post some pics!

no clue on why it would do that, as far as the lights go it could be a short somehwere. check your wires.

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Website.

8. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Post some pics of your truck.....I'd like to see your hood.