1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 GMC Sierra Rear Veiw Mirror???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Kerry0544, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Kerry0544

Kerry0544 New Member

Is it possible to put the rear view mirror with the temperature and compass in a Sierra that didn't have it? The one I have has OnStar in it but no temperature and compass. If so what all is involved? I assume there has to be a temp sensor of some kind and a compass somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Do you know what I would do? Your question makes me think you have a truck without the Driver Info Center (DIC). I have read that all you need to activate the DIC is the switch assembly that mounts through the dash to the right of the cluster. apparently all wiring is there and all that is required is the switch assembly. A fully operating DIC will provide the outside temp and the compass, along with a host of other readings. Mine provides fuel mileage, transmission temp, tire pressure, etc.