1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 GMC Z71 fuel gauge issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Grizzle, May 19, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Grizzle

Grizzle New Member

I was driving home the other day and there was a lightning strike very close to me. The dash display fed from the computer went blank, including the info centre. Headlights , radio etc stayed on. I stopped the truck and restarted it and when I did the display came back but my analog gas gauge now indicated I had about 7/8 of a tank of gas even though I really had less than half a tank. It never moved for the next 20 miles but all else operated ok including fuel consumed, miles per gallon and miles left on the tank of gas? I filled up the tank and the gauge went to the over full position as it should. As the fuel was used the gauge again only went to about the 7/8 full point and stopped. The digital display for gallons consumed is working fine though. Any suggestions??