1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Kodiak 5500 Rough Ride Cures?

Discussion in 'Medium-duty Truck Forum' started by meortman, Nov 17, 2010.

1. meortman

meortman New Member

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and own an 05 Kodiak 4500 4x4 and a 08 Kodiak 5500 4x2. Love these trucks all around. Overload them almost everyday with payload and trailers and they just don't stop. I reliaze it is the nature of the beast to have a rough ride with medium duty trucks, but does any know of anybody who has put airbags, air ride, or something else on these trucks to help the ride. I put a lot of miles on my 08 and would love to do something to help the ride somewhat. Thank you. Mark
  2. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member 100 Posts

I love those trucks too, are they utility back or pickup back? i always wanted a pickup style GMC one. think they are pretty much the toughest truck lol

but anyway yeah alot of different companies make Air ride conversions or air helpers to help with heavy loads, adjust height, or increase ride comfort from sway and weight transfer. I distribute for a compant call Airlift Suspensions. they make alot of stuff like this for consumer vehicle or commercial grade.

take a look at the website they have Airliftcompany.com anything u find on there let me know i can get big discounts on any of the products they have.
  3. mopester

mopester New Member

I just bought my 04 and it came with air ride seats and suspension from monroe.

I have a couple of questions for you. I cant figure out half the switches.
  4. meortman

meortman New Member

Ok. I will check out Monroe. Just in case people want to know, I also found a kit made by Link Mfg. in Iowa that looks very nice. What questions do you have about the switches? I would be happy to try and help you. Thanks.
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Some times a set of new shocks will work wonders most shocks for heavy duty are only intended to last 50 - 75,000 miles.
    Working for a trucking company a lot of drivers were complaining about ride and tire wear. I looked at their tires and immediately knew they needed shocks. But I wanted to make sure they all they could for their hard earned money. We put on Monroe shocks all the way around on several trucks as a test for their minds. We also had them install cab shock replacements. After severl trips not one driver had any negative comments in fact several bought me lunch as they were getting better tire wear and more driver comfort. Needless to say I was buying several sets of shocks for the other drivers. Even with the warranty Monroe shocks arent going to last much more than 125-145,ooo miles and we all know it. Just get them warrantied before the 200,000 mile mark
  6. Edwin Reimundi

Edwin Reimundi New Member

Hello, i am new in this forum, i have a 2008 Chevrolet Kodiak C5500, recently the battery cables junction box melted, one of the screws got loose and cause it to melt and left me stranded. I tried ordering it thru Chevrolet but it is on back-order. I call everywhere and everyone says "back-order".
    Is there any recommendations of what i can do ? I have found different Junction boxes online will a different one work?
    I will really appreciate the help. Thanks
  7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Hey there Edwin,

I cannot guarantee that I will get a different answer than it is on "back-order" but I would like to check with some internal resources for you. If you private message me your VIN, I can start looking into this for you.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  8. Edwin Reimundi

Edwin Reimundi New Member

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your response, I'm not in the office right know to give you the VIN but I can give you the part number
    15434718. If you get the diagram the part is # 42. Hope this helps, I will get you the VIN # soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin
  9. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Edwin,

You are welcome. As soon as you are able to provide me with your VIN, I can contact my internal resources.

Looking forward to your response,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care