1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 LTZ Dash Light Brightness

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by CaptnBud, Jan 17, 2008.

1. CaptnBud

CaptnBud New Member

I have a 2008 2500HD LTZ. My problem is that the instrument panel lights are extremely bright even with the controls turned completely down. With the controls turned down, the radio (No Nav Sys) and heater controls are so dim that they are not readable. Has anyone else having this problem? My dealer says everything is Normal...
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I hope someone here with the NBS Silverado's can answer your question. BTW, is your truck gas or diesel?
  3. CaptnBud

CaptnBud New Member

Mine is the Extended Long Bed Duramax LMM
  4. ctruhn

ctruhn New Member

I have the '07 NBS (1500) and the instrument lights fade just like the rest of the lights when you turn the dimmer down. I would go complain to the dealer.

If they say it's normal ask them for keys to another '08 in the lot and test it out yourself.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  6. Black2008Silverado

Black2008Silverado New Member

Do the instrument lights fade at all? Its very noticable on mine when I dim them.