2008 New Years Resolutions Thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've actually got some this year that I hope to keep up with.

1) Diet and exercise. I've got the gym membership, and the will to keep on my diet. It should work this year pretty well.

2) Finish my small projects planned. I need to get some shelves up in the mud room and some more shelves up in the office so I can work from home more and get stuff out of the way.

3) Get rid of junk and clutter. I read a good article on this recently. Get rid of old clothes that you've not worn in a year .. that's a good one. Get bins and stack them in the garage ... another good piece of advice. Don't store papers and magazines around everwhere, cut out articles that you want to read and put them in folders. More stuff like that. I have an old sock drawer that I plan on empyting out, socks are cheap and it's not worth the 2 hour hassle of trying to match all of those old ones.

4) Read more! I think I read like 5 books in 2007, I should try to find time to read at least 12, one per month ... that's not so hard I don't think. Just have to make time at the end of the day usually.

... that's all i can think of for now. Anyone else?

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got a Gym membership today and a personal trainer. I'm about 20lbs overweight. I think I can...I think I can.....

3. ChevyFan

Good for you Jamie! I've got about 40 lbs to lose myself, I'm thinking of posting my progress up here like a GMTC "The Biggest Loser" type of thing, lol. :great:

4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm not making any :neutral: :no:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  5. ChevyFan

Did you make the same resolution last year? :) If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice kind of thing?

6. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i dont know what to decide on since any mods would have to be done without the wife knowing plus it needs money and that'll really flag the wife gotta make a strategy of some sort :)

i guess losing weight would be good like everyone else :)

7. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

things are stable for me right now, so I am going to keep going as I am now

8. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There not really New Years resolutions but I'd like to just get a little healthier for my career that I'll be starting in a year or so. I'm in pretty good health now almost 6'5 about 230 but I'd like to get back in the shape I was when I played rugby. Hopefully I can cut out some fast food and get a little better at cooking my own food. Goals are about a 275LB + bench, 225-240lb weight and 36-38" waist. Right now i'm that waist size and about a 250 bench so just want to stay healthy :)

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm going in tomorrow to get back on track after many years away from gym. I have to go thru stress test and cardio test. The nutritionist is going to help me out with the rest. I'm ranked in ninjitsu, jujitsu and kenjitsu. Maybe UFC is my next gig :rofl: Nevermind thats just to funny...

10. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For 2008 I wanna lose some weight and get back in shape. And get a job with a policedept.