1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Silverado + Amp = ????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jdunk90, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jdunk90

jdunk90 New Member

I purchased an Infinity Basslink powered sub. I don't know much about car audio, but installing it should be the same as installing an amplifier.

how do i go about doing this? i have the wire run, but i don't know what to splice into what and i don't know what kind of power wiring kit i need. i'm keeping the factory head unit and speakers. i was just going to use speaker level via splicing since the head unit doesn't have inputs for audio jacks.
  2. STLBIGA

STLBIGA New Member

You have to get a kit like rockfordfosgate and menphis makes kits and can buy them at best buy and your local electronic store. you can look up how to exactly wire them on you tube.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4. shurshot

shurshot New Member 100 Posts

Good info as I am working on putting in that exact setup!:great: