1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 silverado center console lid question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by wheadman66, Apr 13, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. wheadman66

wheadman66 New Member

I have an 08 Silverado CrewCab LT with the armrest that has the three cup holders nearest to the dash the lid that opens and has two seperated compartments front and back. It is exactly like this one:

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/10019648/163_0807_06z 2009_chevy_silverado center_console.jpg

My question is does anyone know what the small rectangular space with the void in it built into the lid is intended to store? I have had two vehicles in the past where you can get custom sized boxes of tissues but I havnt seen anything on a quick search? In the image on the link, it is to the left of the maps that are clipped into the lid.

Any guidance/suggestions would be appreciated!
  2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member 100 Posts

it almost looks like you can put those travel size tissues that come in the plastic wrapping in there
  3. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, I thought it was for the travel-sized tissues also, but the way they are packaged now makes it a PITA to get them out.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would say tissues also
  5. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 New Member

I don't know about you all. But if you are talking about on the lid portion where there are 3 spaces to put say a road map, or some cards. In that bigger void up top is where I put ALL of my gasoline receipts, just put them in one on top the other. When it's time to take them out, do so VERY easily and they are in order by date.