1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Silverado Crew cab Back Seat Removal

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by adamd913, May 31, 2008.

1. adamd913

adamd913 New Member

Does any know how to remove the back seats in my Silverado? I really just need the top part taken off so I can install an amp on the back wall. Thanks alot!
  2. Nosup4u

Nosup4u New Member

dont they just fold down? thats what they do on my 03 crew
    i have 2 subs and an amp behind my seats
  3. Apanther

Apanther New Member

I have an '04 Silverado extended cab, and would like to see the same. I will be doing my install soon.
  4. hitch.united

hitch.united New Member

I was installing Subs in my 2008 silverado extended cab yesterday, I was looking for a place to mount my Alpine MRP-M500 and determined that the best place to install it will be the rear wall behind the seats. It is to my understanding that the bench seats in the crew cab if equiped will just fold down per the Manual. The 60/40 seats do not and will have to be removed. I just took a quick look and it seems that the seats are only secured by 6 or so bolts than once removed, you should be able to lift the seats up and out. Im going to be doing this after work today; ill let you know how it goes and what I find out.
  5. jakesbluballs

jakesbluballs New Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011