2008 silverado LT crew cab driver's side door lock problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by oregonspamdude, Jun 17, 2012.

1. oregonspamdude

oregonspamdude New Member

Hello. have just bought a used '08.
    had it a week.

now all of a sudden neither of the doors on the driver's side will lock or unlock with either the key fobs or the door switches on either driver's or passenger door.

the only way to lock or unlock the driver front door is to manually to it with key from the outside, or manually from the inside. only way to luck or unlock the driver's side rear door, is from the inside.

have seen other forums this has happened before - but i am not sure what the resolution is.

thank you.

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

3. oregonspamdude

aMAC - thanks very much. I did pull the fuses yesterday - but wasnt too comfortable in going further than pulling a couple... I dont wish to mess it up more... so am likely to take into a dealer, after reviewing some other forums on this.

thank you.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I believe they can be reset from the control panel to various degrees. My 07 had this ability and when I lost power(battery) it all had to be reset

5. oregonspamdude

Coach -

wow - i bet this is it.

as i just had camper wiring attached in the bed, tieing into the existing trailer wiring - so they perhaps were messing with the battery -

i will check this out.

thanks again.

6. joeRocket

joeRocket New Member

Wow I have the exact same problem on an '08 Silverado LT! It's been a few months with the problem and I've pulled off the door panels and pulled the fuses, finding nothing obvious. Oregon, did you solve the issue?

And to anyone else, there are three sets of fuses for the door locks (10 &11, 18 &21)

7. joeRocket

joeRocket New Member

Stupid wrong button pressed. Anyway, three sets of fuses: 10&11, 18&21, and 26....??? Can any one help decode this weird fuse setup? I can't figure it out as both front and rear driver side door locks are kaput. Help!

8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

If you bought it a week ago I would take it back and ask them nicely to look at that, maybe you can get a nice service advisory to help you out and look at it. Other than that everything else has already been covered.. and welcome to the site!

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

GM does have a service advisory on power locks, and I know it affects 08 cars and trucks because we brought my wifes 08 HHR in for the problem a year or two ago, not sure what models are included though, but I'm sure a visit to the dealer can clear thet up.

10. oregonspamdude

Hello.

NO! I have not had time to address this damn issue.

...it's a truck we only only use when campin...

have just been dealing with two doors that are manual, with two doors that use the powerlocks.

good luck with yours, and post back here when you get it fixed...and i'll see what you did...

TJ