1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 silverado new shocks question!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by carrfire, Jul 13, 2010.

1. carrfire

carrfire New Member

hello,
    i have a 2008 crew cab silverado with 4.8 and 3.73 gears and 30k miles. i towed a 4000lb boat last week and wasn't happy with rear shocks. looking at a few replacements and wanted some opinions. i tow one 600 mile trip a summer with that boat and a few short trips. i occasionally haul but it just depends.

here they are:
    -bilstein hd
    -kyb gas-a-just
    -kyb gr-2
    -monroe reflex
    please let me know what you all think.
    thanks...
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Went you said you were not happy with the rear shocks,did you have sagging in the rear,handling problems??......
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  3. carrfire

carrfire New Member

little sag probabaly due to leaf springs not being HD. a little bounce with trailer. also get some bed bounce un-loaded. just looking for a better aftermarker shock than the ones that are on there.
  4. hundojoe

hundojoe New Member 100 Posts

Go with Rancho RS9000's there adjustable, have them on both of my trucks, wouldnt buy any other.
  5. carrfire

carrfire New Member

i would like to get those but according to the rancho site and customer service they are not available on a 2008 silverado 1500 2wd crew cab with stock ride height. not sure why though?????
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts