1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 silverado p0573 cruise control code

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08rado1500, Jan 29, 2012.

1. 08rado1500

08rado1500 New Member

pulled a cruise control switch code today p0573 was the code does anyone know where i can start in trying to solve this?
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

hey bud, is the cruise working on it?

I ran into an issue with my cruise and a buddy (mechanic at Berg GMC in Midland, TX) told me that the brake switch on our model trucks have been a common issue.

My cruise quit altogether, but i never got a cruise control code. I replaced the switch ($13 at Berg but i got the employee discount) in about 10 minutes and instantly solved my issue. SIDE NOTE: there were two different styles of clips that hold the piece to the brake pedal and the brake switch i bought came with the wrong one and i had to drive my truck with the brake pedal trying to slip off the booster rod (ps... i don't recommend this.. its scary lol) but any local GM dealer should keep both in their inventory!

I hope maybe this will help you out.

-B.J.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. 08rado1500

08rado1500 New Member

Is the switch just called a brake switch or is it like a pressure switch or something of that nature ?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

And no the cruise is currently not working
  4. 08_rado_rocker

it's your brake light switch.. but also kills your cruise. When mine went out, my tail lights still worked, just cruise didn't.
  5. 08rado1500

08rado1500 New Member

Ok cool I'm gonna take a look at it and hopefully that's the problem thanks
  6. oldsman350

oldsman350 New Member

my cruise control is going out in my 2007 NBS and it seems to not work then all of a sudden if I hit the brake it works again. Can anyone post any pics of the switch the is breaking on these trucks.
  7. 08_rado_rocker

Heres a pic of it. Check with your dealer.. it may be a warranty deal for you. But they are very simple to install if you can get under the dash.
    NBSrado brake switch.JPG
  8. InfamousKG

InfamousKG New Member

The p0573 code is a Brake Switch Circuit 1 High Voltage code. Generally at our dealership it's covered under warranty/campaign, like rado said. It's a really easy fix. Doesn't take but about 20 mins at a good dealership.
  9. billnorman

billnorman Member 100 Posts

Before you change the switch for inop cruise control you MIGHT want to hit it with a shot of WD-40. This has been successful for me. Another indicator of poor design by GM.