Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 Silverado Seats and how to CLEAN them ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by snowman039, Oct 20, 2011.

1. snowman039

snowman039 New Member

I purchased a 2008 Silverado Extended Cab LT1 a little less than a year ago. The cloth on the seats is a pain, everthing seems to stick to the cloth and is very hard to clean with vac. I really do not want to but seat covers on. Anyone else with this problem ? if so have you found a way to clean off the seats???????

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What color cloth do you have black or Tan? The black is prob. more difficult with lint sticking to it and the tan stains and such will show up more. I have the Tan cloth in my truck and i have cleaned it with carpet cleaner but still doesn't get down deep enough. The best thing that would work is to get them steam cleaned it would clean them all the way thru!

3. snowman039

snowman039 New Member

I have the dark charcoal gray, no problems with stains, just lint and everything else sticking to the cloth and I'm finding it very diffcult to remove

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Idk what you could do about that man.. that's mainly why i didnt get that color because it attracts so much link and such..

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I use my buddy's steam cleaner and it works like a charm, great for the headliner too! This is what he has-----> car_photo_250356_7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
  6. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Wrap a piece of tape backwards around your hand and rub it on the seats, that's the only decent way I ever found to clean lint and dog hair off..

I ended up putting leather seat covers on mine after a year.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There are special brushes just for getting lint out of fabric, any good housewares store will have them by the fabric. The bad thing about any type of 'tape' solution is even though it will pick-up the lint, it will make the fabric sticky and it will just attract dirt and lint again. That's why I like the lint brushes so they pick it up.

I also have a portable steamcleaner, it's great for a ton of stuff. I'll pull the model number and post it here later.

8. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 Rockstar

theres a interior cleaner that the dealership here sells/gives out with the newer vehicles. its an option called poly steel i think. and i had chocolate milkshake spilled on my passenger seat. the cleaning kit from the dealership brought it right out and cleaned up my truck very well. i highly recommend it. the dealership is james corlew chevrolet in clarksville,tn