1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Silverado sloppy cruise control

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by n6vig, Nov 29, 2009.

1. n6vig

n6vig New Member

Hi, everyone. I've been driving a 2008 Silverado 2500 since April of this year. One thing that bugs me about it is that the cruise control does not start to correct until the vehicle speed varies by more than +/- 3mph from the setpoint.

This is the first vehicle I have driven that has such a sloppy cruise control. I beleive it to be a safety hazard because it slows down so much when going up the slightest incline, making the traffic behind you have to brake and go around. By the time they get next to you, the Sileverado starts to speed up again, making it look like I'm trying to block the other motorist from getting back into the lane.

Is there some programming the dealer can do to get some of the slop out of the cruise control?

Thanks.
  2. Tommygunz

Tommygunz Rockstar

Thats odd... our 08 Tahoe does not do that. I would contact your dealer service department and ask them.. should be under warranty
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes indeed. Your cruise control can be adjusted if necessary. There are many other sensors that could cause the problem you are describing. Have you checked for any trouble codes?
  4. n6vig

n6vig New Member

Thanks, I will ask them next time I'm in for an oil change.
  5. n6vig

n6vig New Member

There's no 'Service Engine' light or other malfunction indicator showing, so I haven't looked for trouble codes. Vehicle runs fine other than the cruise control.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The check engine light usually doesn't come on for non emission type codes so your best bet is to get it scanned.:great: