Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 Suburban...how to reset oil life indicator?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Allen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Allen

Allen New Member

I want to do my own oil change, but how do I reset the "oil life" indicator?

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If it is like my '04: turn the key to "start" but don't start; press the accelerator pedal three times, quickly; turn the key off; start the engine and the OLM should reset. Good luck!

4. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Rockstar

You should also be able to do it through the driver info. buttons located on the drivers side, just cycle through the trip A and B areas then you will see oil life % hold the return looking button for 5 to 10 seconds and it will reset to 100%.

5. Akula682

Akula682 Rockstar

Ditto... thats the way my 2007.5 is.

6. Allen

Allen New Member

Thanks guys...I found it in the manual. Honestly, I never thought it would be osmething you could just reset yourself....I figured it would have to be done by the dealer. What a nice suprise!