1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 Suburban loud squeaking noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by kroewe, Jul 5, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. kroewe

kroewe New Member

Anyone have any ideas, just purchased 2008 Suburban a month ago used with 100000 miles and i am noticing a loud squeak or squeal at lower speeds under 10-15 MPH, if I depress the breaks it goes away. I took off the front tires thinking the front break pads were bad and it looks like they were replaced in last year or so and have over 50% life left and the rear pads are in even better shape, I did use some wd40 on the calipers but after about 60 miles of driving I am hearing noise again. Its not occuring right away but after the car has been driving for some time. I figure I need to take it to local chevy dealer but trying to get a guess of what might be going on.