Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 switched power

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by old school guy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. old school guy

old school guy New Member

can anybody tell me where to pickup ignition switched power i am installing out side thermometer in my 2007 new body wt silverado it has am/fm cd and onstar.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Theres a box to the right and up from your park break pedal. It has a fuse emblem on it I believe. That is really the easiest/only place i could find switched power accessible inside the cab. I believe that's where the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller would plug in at.. but there are sever open slots. best way to find out which prong you can use (FYI i used a FEMALE QUICK CONNECT terminal and cut half of it off and slid it onto the prong.. it has worked great for the switched power for my amplifier) is to connect your ground and add this terminal to the pos wire and trial/error the piss out of it. when you find one that is OFF when the ignition is off stick it there and turn the key on. DUH lol. I belive mine is on the left column of open plug-ins and its either the second of third plug-in from the BOTTOM. I hope this helps.

Side note- IDK how many amps that thing is gonna pull, but you may consider wiring in a relay and just use the plug-in i described earlier to switch the relay power on/off.

3. old school guy

thanks will give it a try amps are supper low milli amps

4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Should be fine then I'd say. Idk if the w/t models have that box setup the same.. but I cant think of any reason they wouldn't. Let me know how it turns out for you. I searched for nearly four hours before finding all that out haha.

1 person likes this.
  5. old school guy

thanks pin was #8 on lower left i got female 1/8 space conectors a local auto parts works great will post pics later thanks agian :great: