2008 Tahoe Hybrid Front Bumper

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by CRaines002, Jan 1, 2009.

1. CRaines002

CRaines002 New Member

Does anyone have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid? I recently removed the plastic piece from the bottom of the bumper. After removing the plastic piece the bumper looks a little unfinished. Has anyone else had this problem or removed this piece? Suggestions?

thanks!!!

2. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

my neighbor has a white one. i think your gas mileage will be reduced slightly if you remove it. not sure if he's tried to take his off.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes, that lower air dam is there for a reason to help push the air around the vehicle instead of dragging from the bottom side. Just like racing, the lower to the ground the less air to slow you down.

4. jmonte3

jmonte3 Rockstar 100 Posts

thats a nice tahoe

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    I agree w above.
    If possible I would put it back on, why did you take it off??

6. CRaines002

CRaines002 New Member

Thanks

I just didn't like the look of it. I like the original Tahoe bumper better!

7. vncj96

So if you could afford to buy a Hybrid, why didnt you just buy a regular Tahoe and not worry about the extra 2mpg, since you took the air damn off the hybrid anyway you just wasted the extra cost over a regular Hybrid, I suppose you dont like the special hybrid wheels either and will take those off too, those are specially made to be lighter as well.

8. rotaryenginepete

Ummm, for 2009 these are the numbers (its a bit more than 2mpg in the city):

TAHOE HYBRID 6.0L 4WD​
    20/20 mpg (avg 520mile range)

TAHOE 5.3L 4WD​
    14/20 mpg (avg 442mile range)

TAHOE HYBRID 6.0L 2WD
    21/22 mpg (avg 559mile range)

TAHOE 5.3L 2WD
    14/20 mpg (avg 442mile range)

TAHOE 6.2L 4WD
    9/14 mpg (avg 299mile range)

9. vncj96

Well then even more so! Why on earth would you spend the money on a hybrid just to take it apart and defeat the purpose and cost of one?

10. rotaryenginepete

taking the airdam off doesn't defeat the purpose of owning one. there is a lot more that goes into getting higher efficiency out of that motor than just an airdam. the xfe model trucks have front airdams, and that gains a mile per gallon increase. so taking it off isn't going to defeat the purpose of owning the truck, its still going to get much better gas mileage and range than a regular tahoe, with the added power of a 6.0L.