1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2008 Tahoe

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rmacias, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rmacias

rmacias New Member

Hello everyone... ok here is the problem i'm having... i have a 2008 tahoe and for some reason the driver side
    power lock stopped working, i have to lock this door manually, but the other 3 doors seem to work fine with the key remote and the button on the driver side...i'm not sure what could be the problem...anyone knows what could be the issue?? thanks :neutral:
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you hear the solenoid working? If you've locked yourself out of the truck and had someone slim jim the lock, the rods can come disconnected. Otherwise the switches go bad, but your remote is still working so I wouldn't think its the switch. If you can hear the solenoid working you'll have to pull the door panel for an inspection and test of the solenoid aka door lock motor.
  3. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

is it still under warranty? I'd take it back to the dealership and let them fuss with it...
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Warranty, take her back to the dealership.
  5. rmacias

rmacias New Member

i appreciate everyones help...and yes will go back the dealership...:glasses: