Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2008 Yukon Denali AWD, guzzler.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by tylerjrob, Dec 20, 2011.

1. tylerjrob

tylerjrob New Member

Anybody have suggestions on savings some gas. I just got a 2008 Yukon Denali AWD and it sure likes to guzzle the stuff.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

id watch ur acceleration make it nice and smooth. also take advantage of down hill it helps a lot. also try not to drive in 4x4 unless u need it. try to take routs that have less stop and are more direct. stop and go and idling kill gas mileage. inertia is ur trucks friend use it to ur advantage. these are things i do in my 1996 tahoe and they seem to get me some more miles out of each tank.

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

X2, its pretty much how you drive it also it has been proven (mythbusters) your mood can affect how you drive, so dont drive mad :lol:

A CAI, a tuner and exhaust are add ons that can help

4. BillD64

BillD64 Rockstar

What are you getting Vs what it was rated at? What kind of tires does it have? Tires can knock off as much as 2 mpg just because of higher rolling resistance. Have seen it happen several times.

With the AWD you can't switch to two wheel drive so make sure the tire pressures are set right, the air filter is clean and if you have a bunch of miles on the vehicle see if new spark plugs might help.

Bill